Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Midterm

The semester so far has been informative and interesting. Having the technical ability to draw these forms is important to me as a studio art major. So far we have gone from learning about the form of the human skull to working on the features of the face. Learning the skull and face were taxing at first, though I have improved since then. I have noticed that I have the tendency to make the face too wide, the chin is also a difficult thing to render properly. I think it would be beneficial to continue honing in on these skills. Right now my potential for drawing the face seems a bit scant at times. Don't get me wrong, I have learned enough to know how to make a successful face drawing given enough time. My favorite class periods are when we get to draw the entire time. I really enjoy making progress in this area so being able to work is always great.
Now I am working on a conceptual self-portrait. There have been a few subjects I have been working with as part of my personality. This final solution alleviates some of the weight of these ideas in form of a photograph. I have constructed various compositions using items from my wardrobe which have particular idiosyncrasies with my own passions and elemental qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment